* All of our course costs are inclusive of equipment. Course manuals need to be purchased separately if E-Learning is not completed. Please also look at the PADI medical questionnaire before booking to make sure that you have no medical issues that are incompatible with diving. Any questions you answer yes to will mean that you need to be checked by a physician.*
Take Your First Breath Underwater With Our Experienced Instructors By Your Side!
Ever since you were a kid, you’ve wanted to try it! We’d love to show you what you’ve been missing! Discover Scuba Diving Course (aka Resort Course)… no previous experience required
DISCOVER SCUBA DIVING 3-4 hours
$120 per person
Never dived before, but want to check it out? Discover SCUBA is for you! This intro level course is designed to give the non-diver the incredible experience of SCUBA diving for the first time! All of our highly experienced, professional instructors are here to introduce you to the underwater world at a slow, safe pace, that is set personally for your comfort level! 100% success comes from our tried and proved methods. This “Resort Course” is taught in pool-like conditions, generally right in the corner of White Bay.
After you have completed the introductory lecture, equipment review, and learned some simple skills while breathing in 4 ft deep water, you are ready to go on a scuba dive under the close supervision of your Instructor. This is generally described by our guests as: “THE BEST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE!!!” or something like, “I CAN’T BELIEVE I WAITED THIS LONG TO TRY THIS!!!” It will be our pleasure to share this experience with you too! You can continue to scuba dive with this temporary certification for one month with JVD Scuba or any other PADI affiliated dive business. These skills and the open water dive may be credited towards your PADI Scuba Diver or a full PADI Open Water Diver course certification!
DISCOVER SCUBA DIVING ON JOST VAN DYKE!!!
Previous experience required: NONE
Minimum age: 10 years
One teaching session, one confined water training session, one shallow open water dive
Short on Time?
SCUBA DIVER COURSE – 2 days
Tailor-made for people with a serious interest in diving but who lack the time to pursue a full Open Water Course. The ‘Scuba Diver’ course is actually a part of the Open Water Course. It consists of learning safe diving theory, equipment training, shallow-water exercises and two boat dives. After receiving your PADI Scuba Diver certification, you can dive to a maximum depth of 40 feet under the guidance of either a Divemaster or an Instructor. This course can be completed in 2 days and there is no written exam!
You also will always have the option to “upgrade” to a fully certified PADI Open Water Diver at any PADI Dive Center. There is no time limit in upgrading from Scuba Diver to Open water in your certification level… do it whenever you’re ready!
Course Standards: Minimum age 15 (or 10 for Jr. certification)
Dive in & get certified!
OPEN WATER DIVER COURSE – 2-3 days
$395.00 (With e-learning $350.00)
Becoming a certified Open Water Diver is the ticket that enables you to dive anywhere in the world! This PADI Course is the most popular entry level SCUBA program available and upon completion of this course you will be able to experience underwater adventures anywhere you may travel! No previous SCUBA diving experience is required as this thorough program will encompass everything that you need to know to be a safe and competent diver. The PADI Open Water Diver Course consists of these parts:
- You have the option of reading and completing all of the theory online through PADI’s E-Learning website ($169.00 paid directly to PADI) or you can purchase the Open Water Diver Manual through us ($55) and complete the knowledge reviews and watch the Open Water DVD here with us in a relaxed environment right on the beach. Once all the knowledge reviews are completed, there is also a final exam to make sure you have understood all that has been taught to you.
- Swim Tests: This consists of 2 parts – a 200 metre/yard swim or a 400 metre/yard snorkel, and 10 minute float/water tread. The swim is not timed, by you must be able to complete both of these before we allow you to go in to open water.
- Confined Water Training sessions involve introducing you to the SCUBA equipment and training you to use it in shallow, pool-like conditions. You will learn a series of skills over 5 short dives that will give you confidence and prepare you for going out in to open water.
- Open Water Training Dives: The first dive is a shallow dive under the close supervision of your Instructor designed to give you a wonderful first time experience in the underwater world! The next three training dives will involve performing the skills that you learned in Confined Water and getting the practical experience of SCUBA diving with your Instructor. You Instructor will teach you at a slow, safe pace as he leads you step by step through our comprehensive training program as you enjoy some of the BVI‘s top dive sites. Upon completion of the course, you will be have the ability to go out with a buddy on your own, participate in scuba diving trips, rent gear from any dive centre, get tanks filled, and continue your diving education with Advanced and Specialty Courses, all the way up to Divemaster.
The course fee includes classroom, confined water training sessions, four (4) ocean dives and certification fee. We also provide use of tanks, weights, regulators and buoyancy compensators (BCD’s) at no additional cost to you. Typically your course can be completed in as little as three 2 days with E-Learning. You choose the times and days and we will cater to your needs.
Previous experience required: NONE
Minimum age 15 (or 10 for Jr. Certification)
OPEN WATER DIVER – REFERRAL
$ 85 per dive
If you want to become a certified scuba diver, but don’t want to spend your vacation studying, listening to lectures, and watching videos, or just don’t have enough time in one place we have the option for you! You can enroll with any PADI Dive Center near your home and complete the Classroom Sessions and Confined Water Pool Training at your leisure! Your Instructor will issue you a ‘PADI Referral Letter’ and with that we can complete your full Certification with just four SCUBA dives here in the tropical waters of the BVI! Beats the heck out of a cold quarry or lake! Also, if you do not have time to complete any course with us, we can issue you with a referral form so you can complete the course at a later date. (referrals last 6 months)
Feeling a Bit Rusty?
SCUBA REFRESHER COURSE – 3-4 hours
This course is designed for the certified diver who has not dived recently or a new diver who wants to refresh skills and important diving procedures. There is a thorough equipment briefing session, basic review of physics and physiology, as well as a series of shallow in-water exercises to reacquaint the diver with the procedures to dive safely. This is a popular choice for most of our guests visiting the island as they typically haven’t dived in a while and just want to go over the basics again. We highly recommend this 1-2 hour Refresher to calm all your nerves and to guarantee that you will be ready when you get on the dive boat to experience our World-class dive sites!!!!
Build Your Confidence & Learn New Skills
ADVENTURE DIVES – 1-2 hours per dive ($40 extra per dive)
ADVANCED COURSE – 2 days ($395)
ADVENTURE DIVES The PADI Adventures were developed for certified divers who want to increase their experience level and learn more about specific areas of SCUBA diving from our professional PADI Instructors. With a huge array of different dive scenarios, you will be able to learn all you need to know about many different aspects of diving. The best part is that each of the adventure dives counts either towards a full Advanced certification or as the first dive in each respective specialty.
You can choose from any of the following:
- Underwater Naturalist
- Wreck Diver
- Boat Diver
- Underwater Navigator
- Peak Performance Buoyancy
- Night Diver
- Search and Recovery Diver
- Multilevel Diver
- Deep Diver
- Fish Identification
- Drift Diver
Prerequistite certification: Open Water or Junior Open Water Certified
Minimum age: 15 (10 for Jr. Certification)
Diving: As many as you like!
PADI ADVANCED COURSE
• Highly recommended for all scuba divers, the PADI Advanced Course is a great way to learn about and experience new diving opportunities under the close supervison of an Instructor. This course affords you the opportunity to get more advanced SCUBA training in 5 different specialty dives over a 2 day period. Your two required dives are a DEEP DIVE (minimum 70 feet) and a NAVIGATION DIVE. You have your choice for the other 3 dives from the list of the above adventure dives.
• The PADI Advanced Diver Course is a great opportunity to fine tune your diving skills and increase your overall confidence as a diver while experiencing some of the most interesting of scuba adventures. This is another performance based program and there is no exam.
If you are already certified as a PADI Adventure Diver, you’ll only need to complete two more specialty dives (deep dive and navigation dive) to be certified as a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver!
This course is also a step toward continuing your education with the PADI Rescue Diver and the PADI Divemaster course.
Prerequiste certification: PADI Open Water or Equivalent
Minimum Age: 15 (or 12 for Junior Certification)
Diving: 5 Adventure Dives
This may save someone’s life!
RESCUE DIVER – 2 – 3 days ($395)
EMERGENCY FIRST RESPONSE – 1 day ($100)
EMERGENCY FIRST RESPONSE
Accidents and illnesses happen every day. Some people need only a helping hand while others may suffer serious permanent injuries without help. By mastering Emergency First Response Primary Care (CPR) and Secondary Care (first aid) course skills you can render important care to those in need. You’ll also know that you’re learning state of the art skills, based on the consensus view of the Basic Life Support (BLS) Working Group of the International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation (ILCOR). In addition, the program is based on established instructional design and educational protocols to render an educationally valid and credible product. Emergency First Response courses also meet CPR requirements for participants seeking certification through the American Council on Exercise. Emergency First Response is also flexible – you can learn background knowledge on your own time then conduct a practical, hands-on training sessions with a qualified Emergency First Response instructor. Jost Van Dyke Scuba has three Emergency First Response Instructors on staff full time.
RESCUE DIVER 3 day course
Rewarding and fun – that best describes the PADI Rescue Diver course. This course will expand your knowledge and experience level: Rescue Divers learn to look beyond themselves and consider the safety and well being of other divers. Although this action packed adventure course is serious, it is an enjoyable way to build your confidence. Every student comes out of this program on a higher level of awareness and preparedness in all aspects of scuba diving. The Rescue Diver course expands your diving and emergency response skills to make diving safer and more enjoyable for yourself as well as others. This is considered by many students to be the most fun and challenging experience they’ve had as a diver.
What will I do?
Rescue Diver training will prepare you to prevent problems and, if necessary, manage dive emergencies. During the five open water sessions, you’ll cover:
• Self-rescue and diver stress
• AED and emergency oxygen delivery systems
• dive first aid
• swimming and non-swimming rescue techniques
• emergency management and equipment
• panicked diver response
• underwater problems
• missing diver procedures
• surfacing the unconscious diver
• in-water rescue breathing protocols
• egress (exits)
• first aid procedures for pressure related accidents
• dive accident scenarios
During the open water training exercises, you’ll apply the knowledge you’ve learned in many different scenarios as you thoroughly develop new rescue skills. You will learn that ‘the best rescue is the one that never happened‘! Your ability to recognise and prevent emergencies and to control potentially nerve racking situations that could lead to them will be honed to a new level of preparedness. This is a very rewarding and exciting class that every diver should take… if not for yourself, then for your buddy.
Prerequiste Certifications: PADI Advanced Open Water and CPR/First-Aid Certification
Minimum age: 15 (or 12 years for Junior Certification level)
*Confined Water Rescue Skills may be done at home with your local Dive Center…
Perfect your Open Water Rescue Exercises here with us in our tropical-training paradise!
GoPro with Jost Van Dyke Scuba
PADI DIVEMASTER COURSE
Take the first step in your dive career and become a PADI Divemaster. Working closely with a PADI Instructor, you’ll expand your dive knowledge and hone your skills as you become a dive Professional. PADI Divemaster training develops your leadership abilities by training you to supervise diving activities and assist Instructors with student divers. Our Divemaster Course is very challenging, yet at the same time so much fun that each day you hope the sun never goes down! Your skills will improve on a daily basis as you become a valuable asset as part of a real world scuba diving resort team!
What can PADI Divemasters do?
• Work at International Dive Centers, on live-aboard dive boats, luxury yachts and at exotic resort locations like Jost Van Dyke!
• Assist PADI Instructors with students
• Lead Scuba Divers on guided dive tours and excursions
• Conduct PADI Scuba Review for certified divers needing a refresher
• Teach and certify PADI Skin Divers
• Teach PADI Discover Snorkeling programs
• Conduct PADI Scuba Review programs for certified divers
• Lead certified divers on Discover Local Diving experiences
• Teach Emergency First Response programs after successful completion of an Emergency First Response Instructor course
• Enroll in PADI Assistant Instructor or the PADI Instructor Development Course
What do I need to start?
• PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or equivalent certification from another training organization
• PADI Rescue Diver certification or equivalent certification from another training organization.
• Medical clearance signed by a physician
• Have a minimum of 20 logged dives to begin course training
• Be 18 years or older
What will I do?
• Learn to organize, conduct and supervise diving activities
• Learn dive leadership through classroom and independent study sessions
• Complete water skills and stamina exercises in confined and open water
• Training exercises to test organizational and problem solving abilities
• An internship or series of practical training exercises
• Develop your theoretical diving knowledge to a level sufficient to become a Certified Scuba Diving Instructor
How long will it take?
• Two weeks to three months, depending on your present certification level and dive experience
As a Professional member of the PADI organization, you will receive many valuable benefits, some of which include:
• A subscription to the Undersea Journal… our PADI dive industry magazine!
• Monthly PADI Pro Training Bulletin updates.
• Fantastic savings on Dive Travel through PADI Dive Centers Worldwide.
• Opportunity to purchase PADI educational materials and PADI gear direct from PADI!
• Job placement capabilities.
• Special group rates on Professional Liability Insurance.
for more information about our Divemaster course, internships, and to book, please check our internship section.
Get Recognition for all Your Hard Work
SPECIALTY COURSES – 1-2 days per specialty ($250 each course)
How far will you take this diving thing? It’s up to you. With PADI Specialty Diver Programs you can chart your course for a colorful collection of awesome dives. Sure, your PADI certification opens up the oceans and lakes to you, but the PADI Specialty Dives take the underwater adventure to depths that will stir your soul. Achieving PADI Specialty ratings can take anywhere from as little as one day to a full weekend -but this is all hands-on, so you’ll be diving right from the start.
Below is a menu of the numerous specialty certifications. Get five specialty ratings and you’re on your way to becoming a PADI Master Scuba Diver.
Take the Master Scuba Diver Challenge – Want It, Live It, Dive It!
- Night Diver: Experience a whole new world! Even your local dive site takes on a new personality at night as many amazing underwater creatures, different from those you normally see during the day, are active at night and out on the reefs!
- Underwater Naturalist: If you’re interested in aquatic life then the PADI Underwater Naturalist Specialty course is for you. This course is an introduction to the underwater aquatic environment and will help develop safe and responsible aquatic life interaction techniques.
- Peak Performance Buoyancy: Extend bottom time by reducing air consumption!!! Learn to fine-tune your buoyancy and soar over reefs with ease!
- Deep Diver: The Deep Diver Specialty course offers you the opportunity of a lifetime… going deep to see things others can only dream about!!!
- Underwater Photographer: Learn how to take your fist underwater photographs or fine tune your existing skills to produce photographs that will stun your friends.
- Digital Underwater Photographer: You’ll soon be making pictures like the pros!
- Wreck Diver: Learn techniques to safely explore wrecked ships, advanced safety techniques, and specialized equipment used for wreck diving.
- Boat Diver: Develop the techniques and procedures for diving from different types of boats: sailboats, dinghies, powerboats. The more boats you’re diving from, the more diving you’re doing! Learn now how to dive later from all vessels.
- Underwater Navigator: Hone your underwater navigation skills using a compass, natural navigation techniques, and other navigational tools.
- Search and Recovery Diver: Learn search patterns and effective search techniques to find and then recover lost items. Raise heavy objects using lift bags.
- Multi-Level Diver: Apply valuable techniques for extending bottom times using various types of muliti-level dive calculators.
- Equipment Specialist: Teaches you basic equipment maintenance and adjustments you’ll encounter every day. You’ll get the valuable background on equipment repair and purchase, making you better able to protect your investment.
MASTER SCUBA DIVER
This certification denotes that you’ve reached the highest recreational diver level in the PADI System of diver education. PADI Master Scuba Diver indicates you have a significant amount of training and experience in a variety of dive environments with five PADI Specialty course certifications under your belt! You can apply for your master SCUBA diver rating when you have completed up to Rescue Diver plus 5 specialties.